Florida Trial Lawyer
Over the course of his career, Juan P. Bauta, II has obtained a number of multi-million dollar jury verdicts for his clients, as well as settlements totaling tens of millions of dollars. Together, his winning record includes non-class action settlements totaling between $1 million and $29 million. He has also handled appellate cases before the Florida District Courts of Appeal with success, with more than 14 decisions reported and stood before the Federal Panel on Multidistrict Litigation.
In 1990, Mr. Bauta graduated from the Florida State College of Law. He served as editor-in-chief of the Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law. He was named "Most Effective Lawyer" by the Daily Business Review in 2010 and 2011.
Mr. Bauta is a long-time member of the Florida Bar. He is admitted to-and has stood before-the United States District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida along with the United States Court of Appeals for the Third, Fifth, and Eleventh Circuits. His work in state courts and federal courts renders him a highly experienced and knowledgeable Florida attorney, with a case record that includes more than 25 cases tried to verdict, multiple jury verdicts totaling more than $10 million, and one jury verdict totaling over $20 million. He has handled the litigation for six class action lawsuits that had to do with construction defects, automobile design defects, and workplace discrimination.
Mr. Bauta is has earned his board certification as a civil trial lawyer, identifying him as a top attorney and a specialist in his field. He has focused his career on cases involving personal injury and wrongful death, including asbestos / mesothelioma litigation, product liability, construction defects, class actions, and toxic torts. He also handles complex litigation. Fluent in Spanish, Mr. Bauta is able to provide elite representation for clients. Mr. Bauta is purely a plaintiff's lawyer, representing both individuals and corporations in this capacity.
J.D., Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, 1990 Law Review: Editor-in-Chief, Florida State University Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law, 1989 - 1990
B.A., Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 1987
Major: History Major: Political Science
Certification / Specialties:
Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Board
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Association for Justice
- Florida Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Most Effective Lawyer, The Daily Business Review, 2010, 2011
- $5.67 million verdict - Fernandez v. Florida Power & Light Co., Ferraro Team Links Asbestosis Death to FPL
- $20.6 million verdict- Garrison v. Union Carbide Corporation, et al. Circuit Court, Broward County, Florida Case Number 10-12353. Read More from our blog and from an article posted on Lawyers USA.
- $14.1 million verdict - Aubin v. Union Carbide Corporation,Circuit Court, Miami-Dade County, Florida Case Number 08-68233. Read more here.
- $3.6 million verdict - Daly v. Ford Motor Company Case No. 07-19211. Read more here.
Juan P. Bauta
James L. Ferraro
David A. Jagolinzer
Allan B. Kaiser
Marc P. Kunen
Gregory S. Lynam
Scott A. Knott
Erica L. Brady
James L. Ferraro Jr.
Gabriel S. Saade
Jose L. Becerra
Michael D. Dunlavy
Fernando J. Ulloa
Dick M. Ortega
Ralph R. Longo
Stephen McCloskey Jr.
Mathew D. Gutierrez