If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
The Ferraro Law Firm is a rapidly expanding mid-sized plaintiff personal injury firm, actively seeking a highly strategic, organized and people-oriented Accounting Manager that will work directly with the Controller to enhance the foundation of our accounting department. Our firm is conveniently located in the vibrant Brickell financial district of Miami, Florida.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for leading accounting and general ledger activities to ensure accurate and insightful financial reporting for all stakeholders. As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for processing and reporting the general ledger activity and month-end processes while playing a critical leading role in enhancing the transaction cycle. Your primary responsibilities also include managing, reviewing, and ensuring the integrity of the financial statements for the firm’s operations as this is a very hands on position.
- 4-year degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or equivalency (MA is preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with 2 years in a supervisory role
- Ability to Understand and execute how to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, document, and research business transactions
- Skilled in statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates and significant changes of risks and opportunities for the firm
- Strong Excel knowledge and QuickBooks proficiency to compile and analyze financial information
- Demonstrate proficiency with GAAP to apply those guidelines in a legal setting
- Ability to lead and manage a team to contribute to the overall productivity of the department
- Must have strong aptitudes in, critical thinking, task management, results driven with the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Law Firm experience a plus
- CPA preferred but not required
- Familiarity with ERP systems
- Assess P&Ls, monitor cash flow, identify opportunities and risks, and create clear, informative, value-added analyses
- Analyze and summarize financial status from data collection; preparing balance sheet, P&L, and other statements.
- Coordinate all month-end/year-end closing processes & activity, including preparation of budgets and forecasts to report variances & financial statements.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Coordinate and manage the full accounting departments performance to ensure accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, payroll, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting and revenue recognition.
- Manages tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, property, payroll, and other applicable taxes and regulations.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Work with Controller to ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K plan
Ability to commute/Relocate:
Candidates should reliably commute or be willing to relocate.
Work Location: This role is based in-office.