If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
The government has announced a recall of an unknown number of “SafetyCraft” drop-side cribs that were manufactured by a now-defunct company, the Consumer Products Safety Commission reports.
Our defective product lawyers reported earlier this month on our Product Liability Attorneys Blog that the government has announced a halt in the production of drop-side cribs late last year after decades of serious and fatal injuries to infants. Unfortunately, these cribs will remain on the secondary market for years to come.
In this case the manufacturer, Generation 2 Worldwide, ceased operations in 2005, leaving the government with little information about the number of these cribs in circulation and where they were sold. The name “SafetyCraft” appears on a label on the crib’s headboard and footboard. They are used in child care facilities as well as in homes.
The cribs have plastic hardware that can break, creating a space where an infant or toddler can become wedged or entrapped. A suffocation or strangulation hazard results. There have been three infant deaths and 20 injury incidents involving a previously recalled crib manufactured by the company.
While parents would prefer to assume that products marketed to children are largely safe from serious or fatal defects, nothing could be further from the truth. In reality, the government recalls hundreds of children’s toys and other products each year.
Other child products recalled so far in February include:
–-Burlington Basket Company Bassinets: 500,000 are being recalled because a cross-brace may not full lock, resulting in collapse.
-IKEA SNIGLAR Crib: Mattress support may detach and collapse, creating a suffocation and entrapment hazard.
–-Walt Disney Watches: Can burn skin or cause allergic reactions.
-Kristi G SwimWays Child Chair: Chairs may tip over.
-Summer Infant video baby monitors: 1.7 million recalled after two infants strangled to death on the cord.
The product liability attorneys at the Ferraro Law Firm provide experienced legal representation for all types of defective product claims, including children’s products, defective vehicles and dangerous medical products.
- 3M Lawsuits Transferred to a Florida Federal Court
- CPSC: New Federal Standard for Child Carrier Safety
- Inquiry Launched Into Elderly Bed Rail Deaths
- FDA Examines Metal-on-Metal Hip Replacement Complications
- Product Liability Watch: Linden, Jr. v. CNH America & Identifying Parties in a Liability Claim
- EPA Failed to Inspect Asbestos in Schools for 29 States
- Talcum Powder Lawsuits: Another Victory Against Johnson & Johnson
- Firework Injury May be Caused by Negligence, Defect
- Defective Home and Outdoor Products Can Lead to Serious Summertime Injury
- Transvaginal Mesh, DePuy Hips, Result in Thousands of Defective Medical Device Lawsuits