If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than two decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
Cancer Risks Associated with Long-Term Zantac Use
Since the fall of 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been warning consumers about possible cancer risks associated with using Zantac and other ranitidine drugs in the long term, after independent testing revealed unacceptable levels of n-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), a probable human carcinogen. As of April 1, 2020, the FDA has now formally requested a removal of all prescription and over-the-counter ranitidine drugs currently on the market, including name-brand Zantac.
Dangerous Defects: How Independent Researchers Saved the Day
In September 2019, an online pharmacy company called Valisure first alerted the FDA to a serious defect in ranitidine, which is widely used to treat heartburn, stomach acid, and ulcers. According to their Citizen Petition, lab testers found that the ranitidine molecule is inherently unstable even when manufactured correctly – and when exposed to elevated temperatures, ranitidine can react with itself to generate dangerous levels of NDMA.
Do I Have a Zantac Lawsuit?
The human body can process low levels of NDMA – which is present in many smoked and grilled meats – but lab rats have been shown to develop cancer with sustained exposure to this toxin. Already, many individuals have taken legal action against the pharmaceutical companies, claiming that Zantac directly contributed to their cancer diagnosis.
At The Ferraro Law Firm, we can help you determine if you have a lawsuit and apply over 30 years of dedicated product liability experience to your case. If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with cancer after taking Zantac, it’s important to speak with a doctor right away and then contact an experienced personal injury attorney to review your legal options.
If you have questions about your rights, you should not hesitate to discuss your case with our legal team.
- What Is a Medical Never Event?
- Fighting the Opioid Crisis: HB 1253 Passes While SB 1700 Stalls
- FDA Reveals Nitrosamine Impurities in Recalled Valsartan
- Major Recall of Valsartan Expands Even Further
- Generic Lipitor Saga Involves Company Accused of Peddling Potentially Dangerous or Defective Drugs
- State of Florida Sues Walgreens and CVS for Opioid Epidemic
- Are Doctors Part of the Country’s Opioid Problem?
- The Opioid Epidemic: Everything You Need to Know
- Testosterone Therapy Dangers Highlighted in Study, New Drug Testing
- Birth Control Lawsuits Continue to Rise Amid Complications