If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
How to Hire a Mesothelioma Attorney in Florida
If you or a loved one has been harmed as a result of asbestos exposure, you may be entitled to financial compensation. You may have a legal claim either against the employer or company that exposed you to asbestos or to the general mesothelioma trust fund. But pursuing fair compensation can be complicated, and having experienced mesothelioma personal injury lawyers can make all the difference in your case’s outcome. Below, learn more about the mesothelioma litigation process and how to locate the best asbestos and mesothelioma lawyer for your case.
Table of Contents
What Happens During a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
Each mesothelioma case is different. At The Ferraro Law Firm, we understand how stressful the legal process can be, and we’re committed to making the process as simple and hassle-free as possible.
- First, the injured person (the plaintiff) should consult with a mesothelioma attorney in Florida like The Ferraro Law Firm. We’ll conduct a thorough interview and begin investigating your personal injury claim. Our experience with personal injury litigation, especially with asbestos-related cases will allow us to ask important questions to help make your case as strong as possible.
- The most crucial part of any mesothelioma or asbestos cancer lawsuit is showing the connection between your mesothelioma or other asbestos-related illness and your occupational exposure at a particular employer or business. This is another reason why hiring a lawyer who has worked with many mesothelioma clients can strengthen your claim.
- Next, we’ll evaluate the potential sources of compensation—from bankruptcy trust funds to the companies themselves, we’re committed to helping you recover every dime you’re owed.
Once the sources of compensation are identified, we’ll file an asbestos cancer lawsuit against the party or responsible parties. The claim may go all the way to trial—or, like many mesothelioma lawsuits, it may ultimately lead to a settlement that doesn’t require you or your loved ones to appear in court.
Making a Mesothelioma Claim: The Asbestos Trust Fund
Some mesothelioma claims are filed directly against the company deemed responsible for the plaintiff’s exposure to asbestos. But many are instead litigated against trust funds—funds set up by companies that have already admitted liability for asbestos-related damages. In some cases, the companies that admitted liability have subsequently declared bankruptcy, so having these trust funds available ensures that victims can receive compensation even if the company responsible for the occupational asbestos exposure no longer exists. If the circumstances of the individual case match the criteria set by the trust, the plaintiff may be able to recover damages directly from the trust instead of tracking down the company.
The largest mesothelioma trust fund was established by more than 50 companies who contributed $30 billion in damages for victims of mesothelioma and other types of asbestos-related cancer (including asbestos-related lung cancer) and asbestos-related diseases (like asbestosis).
Do You Need a Mesothelioma Attorney to File a Claim?
Mesothelioma cases can be complex. Common symptoms include shortness of breath and painful coughing among other health issues. There are many potential causes of lung cancer, including environmental pollution and cigarette smoking, so, making the connection between your current illness and your health prior to asbestos exposure can sometimes be challenging.
These types of cases require representation by an asbestos attorney or law firm with extensive experience in this particular area of law—and with over three decades of experience in asbestos litigation, The Ferraro Law Firm can take your case to the finish line.
When looking for a mesothelioma attorney in Florida, there are a couple of things to keep in mind.
- Experience matters. Every mesothelioma lawyer asbestos cancer lawsuit is different, and having someone who has handled hundreds or thousands of asbestos-related claims can give you the expertise you need to obtain the maximum possible recovery.
- A relationship of trust is key. If you don’t have an open line of communication with your mesothelioma attorney, it can be tough to develop the level of rapport and trust that you need to thoroughly pursue your claim. At your initial consultation, be prepared with some questions that can give you a better idea of your attorney’s experience level, communication style, and other factors that will bear on your relationship.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma or another asbestos-related disease, look no further than The Ferraro Law Firm to assist with your legal claim against the person or people responsible. Though we’re a mesothelioma firm based in Florida, we represent clients throughout the country and have the experience and expertise to fight hard for your legal rights.
We understand how challenging a mesothelioma diagnosis can be and our compassionate attorneys are committed to making the process as straightforward as possible. Don’t wait another day — give us a call or fill out the brief contact form on our website today to get started with a Free, No-obligation Consultation.