If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
Do I Need to Retain/Hire an Attorney For My Spine Injury Case?
While it is not required, a spine injury lawyer can greatly help your recovery. A lawyer can help you hold the parties who may have caused the accident that resulted in your spine injury accountable. This can result in financial compensation for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more.
How Can a Spine Injury Attorney Help Me?
Spine and spinal cord injuries can be some of the most severe and dangerous injuries anyone can have. They may result in paralysis or even death.
Since spine injuries have the potential to be so serious, there is also potential for very high compensation due to the long-term effect the injuries can have on someone’s life.
Not only can it be hard to estimate what an injury like this will cost someone, but it can also be hard to prove these damages to their full extent in court. An experienced spine injury attorney at The Ferraro Law Firm will know what evidence to gather, which witnesses to interview, and which experts to consult in order to have the best chance at recovering the maximum potential compensation for your injuries.
What Are Common Causes of Spine Injuries?
According to the World Health Organization, between 250,000-500,000 spinal cord injuries occur each year. The majority of these injuries are due to preventable causes, including:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Automobile defects
- Medical malpractice
What Types of Compensation is Available in a Spine Injury Lawsuit?
Spinal cord injuries can be extremely painful, require an extensive amount of recovery, and can be incredibly expensive. Severe spinal cord injuries cost victims more than $1 million on average in the first year. While the facts of each case differ, factors that go into case value include:
- Medical bills: All medical bills for emergency treatment, doctors, surgeries, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and anticipated future care that are a result of your injury.
- Lost wages: Compensation for money lost due to time away from work, as well as for loss of earning capacity due to your injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Because spinal injuries can be so severe, it is important to hire a spine injury attorney who is prepared to demand the maximum monetary compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering the victim has experienced.
- Wrongful death: if you lost a loved one due to a spine injury and someone else’s negligence was at play, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death claim to recover compensation for their medical bills, funeral costs, and the loss of support they may have provided had they lived.
Contact a Spine Injury Lawyer at The Ferraro Law Firm
If you or a loved one have suffered a spine injury due to a third party’s negligence or carelessness, it is important to have a spinal cord injury lawyer on your side who understands catastrophic personal injury law and will fiercely defend your rights. Our spine injury attorneys are committed to holding negligent parties liable and recovering compensation on behalf of victims and their families. Call The Ferraro Law Firm today for a free case review.