If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
How Much Will I Receive for My Mesothelioma Diagnosis?
Mesothelioma settlements and verdicts vary in amount. While no lawyer can guarantee exactly how much you may receive for your diagnosis before your case is resolved, awards are typically high since mesothelioma is an incurable and aggressive form of cancer.
How is Compensation for Mesothelioma Determined?
Personal injury settlements and verdicts reflect the severity of an individual’s injury or illness.
A few factors will affect how much you receive, including:
- Medical care costs: This includes hospital bills, surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, and other treatment
- Loss of earnings: If you are unable to work while you are undergoing treatment, you may be compensated for the decrease in your income
- The overall effect on your quality of life: This can include a number of factors, including your ongoing physical pain and discomfort, the inability to enjoy activities you once could, and your loss of mobility and independence. The fact that there is currently no cure for mesothelioma will also be considered when determining compensation.
A fair award will account for the losses you suffered up until the resolution of your case, as well as anticipated future losses.
How Much Money Have Other Mesothelioma Cases Received?
The Ferraro Law Firm has obtained multiple multi-million dollar verdicts on behalf of mesothelioma victims and their families.
Previous settlements and verdicts include:
- $70,102,000 for a lab technician who was exposed to asbestos at work and was later diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma.
- $36,984,800 for a 65-year-old automobile mechanic who was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma.
- $24,170,000 for a former mechanic and construction worker who was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma.
- $20,646,000 for a man in Florida who was exposed to asbestos while renovating his attic apartment. He was later diagnosed with mesothelioma.
While these previous results do not necessarily indicate guaranteed future outcomes, they do show that The Ferraro Law Firm has the skills necessary to fight for fair compensation on behalf of its clients.
Are You Eligible for Mesothelioma Compensation?
If you or a loved one were diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be able to file a lawsuit against the companies that manufactured and sold asbestos-containing products. One of the primary causes of mesothelioma is exposure to asbestos: a fibrous mineral that has been used in everything from automotive parts to building insulation. Millions of Americans may already have been exposed to asbestos in the workplace through no fault of their own.
The following groups are among the most at risk for developing mesothelioma:
- Factory workers
- Insulation manufacturers and installers
- Railroad workers
- U.S. military veterans
- Gas mask manufacturers
- Construction workers
Family members can also develop mesothelioma through secondhand asbestos exposure. Workers can unknowingly carry home asbestos fibers on their clothes and expose loved ones to the fibers simply by hugging them or by doing laundry.
If you lost a loved one to this aggressive disease, you may still be able to pursue justice on their behalf by holding manufacturers accountable for exposing them to asbestos. Our wrongful death lawyers can help you pursue compensation for funeral expenses, loss of support, and more.
The Ferraro Law Firm’s Asbestos Lawyers Can Help You Fight Back
The Ferraro Law Firm is one of the top five asbestos and mesothelioma law firms in the country. If you or a loved one were exposed to asbestos and later diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be eligible for compensation.
Contact our mesothelioma attorneys for a free legal consultation to learn more.