If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
My Spine Injury Was Not My Fault. Who Can I Sue For Compensation?
If another party caused the accident that resulted in your spine injury, you may be able to hold them financially accountable by filing a spine injury lawsuit. This can include a restaurant owner that failed to fix a hazard that caused you to fall, an at-fault driver that caused your car accident, or a contractor that failed to provide you with adequate safety equipment at work.
Spine and spinal cord injuries can be life-changing and can result in extraordinary medical bills. Severe spine injuries can cost more than $1 million in the first year after an accident according to research from the University of Miami. If your spine injury was caused by someone else’s negligence or carelessness, you may have the right to pursue compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Spine Injury?
In general, when pursuing a spine injury lawsuit the injured person (plaintiff) must prove that the other party owed them a duty of care, breached that duty of care, and because of the breach, the plaintiff sustained injuries and suffered losses (damages). Some common defendants in spine injury lawsuits include:
- Doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals who committed medical malpractice by committing a surgical error, failing to properly treat an injury, or a similar act of negligence.
- Product manufacturers that made a defective product, such as a seat belt.
- Businesses that failed to ensure their property was safe and free of slip and fall hazards.
- Negligent or careless drivers whose actions caused a motor vehicle accident.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Spine Injury Lawsuit?
Severe spine injuries can be incredibly costly and have a large effect on a victim’s life, often leaving them out of work for months if not permanently. This is why it is so important to consult with an experienced spinal cord injury lawyer who knows how to fight for fair compensation on your behalf.
Factors that are taken into consideration when evaluating the potential value of spine injury cases include:
- Medical bills: You have the right to recover compensation for any medical bills you received in the past and any you expect to receive in the future that are related to your injuries. These may include emergency care, doctor’s visits, surgeries, rehabilitation, physical therapy, medications, and medical equipment.
- Lost wages: Spine injury victims may be able to recover income lost due to time away from work as well as future loss of earning capacity due to their injuries.
- Pain and suffering: Victims of severe spinal injuries may be able to recover compensation for the physical pain and emotional suffering they have endured as a result of their life-changing injuries.
How Can a Spinal Injury Attorney Help Me?
After sustaining a spine injury that was caused by someone else’s negligence or carelessness, it is important to have a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer with experience in spine injury claims on your side.
Your spine injury attorney will:
- Gather the necessary evidence required to build a strong claim
- Negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies
- Defend your rights to the fullest extent in order to recover the most compensation possible for your injuries
Injured? Contact The Ferraro Law Firm
For years, the spine injury attorneys of The Ferraro Law Firm have been fighting for justice on behalf of victims and their families. If you or a loved one were diagnosed with a spine injury due to someone else’s negligence, contact the experienced spine injury lawyers of The Ferraro Law Firm today. We can evaluate the details of your case during a free legal consultation.