If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
Florida Auto Defect Attorneys
Award-Winning Representation That Gets Results
The attorneys at The Ferraro Law Firm routinely file suit against the largest and most powerful corporations in the country. We represent clients who have been killed or seriously injured in automobile accidents caused or exacerbated by a design defect, including rollovers, tire tread separation, and airbag and seat belt failures.
Can you answer yes to any of the following questions?
- Did your seat belt or airbag malfunction during an accident?
- Were you seriously injured in a rollover or an accident caused by tire-tread separation?
- Were you seriously hurt in a vehicle that was subject to a car safety recall?
If so, you may have a case. Call (888) 554-2030 to speak with a Florida auto defect lawyer at The Ferraro Law Firm. Our free case evaluations can help you decide whether to pursue a lawsuit.
The Obligation of Car Manufacturers to You
We all count on the safety devices of our vehicles to protect us if we get into an accident. But when an airbag fails to deploy or a seat belt latch breaks, a minor collision can become a catastrophic event resulting in serious injury or death.
Under the concept of “strict liability,” a lawsuit can be filed without the need to prove an auto manufacturer’s negligence or fault if an injury results from a defective automobile. This means that if you are injured in a car collision caused by your own driving mistake, you may be eligible for compensation if your injuries were caused by an auto part that was defective, unreasonably dangerous, or lacked proper warnings.
Few people have the experience or knowledge to judge the validity of their own case. Often, they’ll need an attorney who is experienced with automobile defects in order to help them gauge the likelihood of having a winning case and whether it’s worth pursuing litigation. That’s why our firm offers free case consultations-we want to help you understand your case and get you real answers about your injuries.
Examples of Automobile defects
- Defective Tires: Dozens of people are seriously injured or killed in Florida in accidents caused by tire tread separation. Tire tread separations are particularly dangerous when they occur on sport utility vehicles (SUVs), which can roll over due to their high center of gravity.
- Roof Crush: Many pickups and other types of vehicles are subject to roof crush in a rollover accident. While the auto industry has long been aware of devastating head and neck injuries caused by roof collapse, they have failed to redesign vehicles to provide greater protection for passengers.
- SUV Rollover: Some vehicles, such as sport utility vehicles, are more likely to roll over than other types following a tire blowout or emergency maneuver because they have a high center of gravity.
- Door Latch Failure: When a car door comes open during an accident due to latch failure, passengers can be ejected-causing serious injuries or death.
- Fuel Fires: Otherwise survivable accidents can result in serious burns and death when fuel tanks rupture or fuel lines leak. Indeed, on September 7, 2005, Ford recalled 3.8 million pickup trucks and SUVS due to reports of engine fires.
- Intentional Violation: Federal regulators at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) have accused Volkswagen of using software to intentionally cheat emissions standards in its diesel Audi and Volkswagen automobiles.
Manufacturers often issue car safety recalls to fix components that are defective or unreasonably dangerous. However, these recalls are often issued only after hundreds of unsuspecting owners are injured in cars that are not crashworthy. If you or a loved one suffered serious injury as the result of an accident caused by a defective auto part, consult The Ferraro Law Firm immediately.
Call and speak to one of our attorneys now at (888) 554-2030.
The Ferraro Law Firm is a highly successful law firm with a proven track record of successfully taking on large corporations and insurance companies. We have recovered billions of dollars in compensation for our most seriously injured clients and their families.
- From the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI), part of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). Search for or file consumer complaints about vehicles, equipment, child safety seats, and tires.
- An FTC auto guide for consumers.
- Nonprofit organization dedicated to reducing losses from vehicle crashes. News and data related to vehicle safety, including testing and vehicle ratings.