Natalia M. Salas focuses her practice on representing injured victims and consumers in catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, defective medical device, and product liability cases. Ms. Salas is an experienced litigator, who represents plaintiffs in both state and federal courts, with an emphasis on briefing dispositive trial-level motions and memoranda, class actions, and multi-district litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Salas served as Assistant General Counsel to the University of Miami, where she represented the University and UHealth in the areas of litigation, healthcare regulatory compliance, data privacy, technology transfer, sponsored research, athletics, and intellectual property. From 2012 to 2018, Ms. Salas was Senior Counsel at one of the largest multi-national firms (Am Law 50). In that capacity, Ms. Salas represented clients in high-stakes and complex commercial litigation disputes and arbitrations, with an emphasis on health care, real estate, securities fraud, reinsurance, and intellectual property. Ms. Salas also served as the MDL clerk to Judge James Lawrence King in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, responsible for overseeing a consumer financial fraud multi-district litigation, through class certification, resulting in over $1 billion in settlements.
Ms. Salas earned her law degree from the University of Miami School of Law. During law school, she received a Dean's Merit Scholarship, awards in Litigation Skills, and served on the University of Miami Law Review and the Moot Court Board. Ms. Salas obtained her undergraduate degree in Public Policy and Spanish, with a Policy Journalism and Media Certificate, from Duke University.
Ms. Salas is admitted to practice in Florida and Illinois.
She is fluent in Spanish.
- Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Legal Department of the Year Daily Business Review, 2018
- Top 40 Under 40 Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida, 2015
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013
- Won summary final judgment in favor of seller of $100 million commercial real estate and affirmance on appeal before the Third District.
- Won $24 million final order of commercial foreclosure for large lender client.
- Obtained a jury verdict for a non-profit in a dispute involving improper land use by a high-rise developer.
- Obtained a jury verdict for a business owner in a lease dispute.
- Obtained transfer of venue, dismissal, and favorable settlement for the world’s largest crowdfunding platform.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for a prominent Mexican publishing executive in a licensing dispute.
- Mediated and negotiated a favorable settlement in an architectural design copyright dispute.
- Successful defense of international client in an investigation by the Securities Exchange Commission.
- Obtained dismissal, with prejudice, for global law firm on malicious prosecution and abuse of process claims, a prominent accounting firm on negligence claims brought by the lender, and perfume distributor in a license agreement dispute.
- Successfully briefed motion to dismiss on personal jurisdiction grounds for information technology services client.
- Obtained a permanent injunction for a celebrity to prevent a gossip website from posting nude photographs.
- Successfully argued appeal to Third District in lease dispute for a historic Miami Beach hotel.
*Certain of these representations occurred prior to joining The Ferraro Law Firm.
- Dade Legal Aid Attorney Ad Litem, Human Trafficking
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Volunteer
James L. Ferraro
David A. Jagolinzer
Juan P. Bauta
Marc P. Kunen
Gregory S. Lynam
Scott A. Knott
Erica L. Brady
James L. Ferraro Jr.
Jose L. Becerra
Dick M. Ortega
Ralph R. Longo
Mathew D. Gutierrez
Daniel J. DiMatteo
Leslie B. Rothenberg