If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
Practice AreasContact Us
Florida Product Liability Lawyers
Table of Contents
Holding Manufacturers Accountable for Dangerous Products
Both state and federal laws apply to product liability cases, making it confusing at times to know the best place to file a lawsuit. This is especially true if a manufacturer operates in a number of states. The lawyers at The Ferraro Law Firm have vast experience handling product liability cases. They can study the circumstances surrounding your product injury and help you collect suitable compensation.
You may have a case if you answer “yes” to any of these questions:
- Did you suffer severe burns or other injuries from using a household product?
- Was your child seriously injured by using a toy or other product intended for children?
- Were you seriously injured from a product that has been recalled?
How Our Miami Product Liability Lawyers Can Help You
At The Ferraro Law Firm in Miami, Florida, our trial lawyers have a track record of successfully taking on large corporations and recovering billions of dollars in compensation for our seriously injured clients.
Our work in product liability and serious injury cases has earned us awards such as:
- Membership in Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Selection to Florida Super Lawyers®
- Selection to Super Lawyers® Rising Stars™
- Inclusion in the Daily Business Review’s Most Effective Lawyers
- A reputation as the firm other lawyers turn to for help; a lawyer’s lawyer
Call (888) 554-2030 for a free case consultation with our Florida product liability attorneys.
What Are Your Rights As a Consumer If You’ve Been Harmed By a Defective Product?
You and your family have the right to be safe from harm when you use a consumer product for its intended purpose. If you are injured, you may be eligible for compensation if the product was defective or unreasonably dangerous at the time you purchased it, or if you used it incorrectly because it lacked proper warnings.
Under the concept of “strict liability,” a lawsuit can be filed without the need to prove negligence or fault if an injury is caused by a dangerous product. This makes it easier for an injured consumer to sue either the product manufacturer or the store where the product was purchased.
Examples of Product Liability Cases
- Defective CPVC pipes in fire and sprinkler systems – Resins in CPVC pipes will leak and blow out over time when exposed to chemicals in construction materials. This causes sprinkler systems to fail during emergencies, as leaking pipes lead to lack of sufficient pressure.
- Furniture and products created for infants often contain small parts or are unsafe for children to use. These products include strollers, playpens, small toys, safety gates, walkers, high chairs, car seats, pacifiers, and more.
- Dangerous products that are common to most households: garage door openers, cleaning chemicals, heaters, power tools, electronics, and personal hygiene products like talcum powder.
- Recreational vehicles, play equipment, or anything on wheels can cause serious injury: exercise machines, playground equipment, jet skis, ATVs, go-karts, trampolines, skateboards, etc.
- Defective auto parts, especially seat belt failure or faulty airbags.
- Dangerous drugs and defective medical devices that cause serious injuries or have been recalled.
- Defective electronic cigarettes have led to severe burns as a result of exploding batteries. Electronic cigarettes are also dangerous when functioning perfectly, as its use can lead to exposures to carcinogens including, but not limited to: carbon monoxide, heavy metals, and other chemicals linked to cancer.
Contact Our Product Liability Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered serious injury as the result of a defective or dangerous product, you should consult a Florida trial attorney immediately. The Ferraro Law Firm can assist you in determining if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Call (888) 554-2030 for your free case evaluation. We can give you the information you need to move forward-both with your case and with your life.